“My girls are so excited to start Elementary School because they love all the subjects they’re learning Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. They love it all and are hungry for more!” – Transitional Kindergarten Parent
Transitional Kinder Program (20:2/ 15:1)
Certified Teacher/ Teaching Assistant
Our Accelerated Transitional Kinder Program is developed for children turning five years of age before or between (Sept.1-Dec.31.) The curriculum expands upon the preschool curriculum developing beginning reading, writing, math, and science skills through teacher directed instruction, hands-on activities, thematic related centers, cooking, and outdoor play.
Daily schedule offers a combination of whole group teacher lead instruction, outdoor play, free exploration, snack, lunch, and a short rest time similar to a full day of Kindergarten preparing children to work independently.
- Quarterly assessments are given to track children’s individual progress.
- Daily Handwriting Instruction & Writing Journals
- Developmental Writing/ Invented/ Phonetic Spelling
- Frog Street Literacy & Math Program Curriculum
- Integration of math concepts, literature, science, and art in meaningful ways to children.
- Sight Word Readers
- Age appropriate learning zones geared towards thematic units, skills of study, and building of fine and gross motor skills.
- Daily Folder w/monthly calendar of activities, behavior tracking, and special events
- Classroom Monthly Newsletter
Full Time/ Part Time (MWF) Full Day enrollment options